New Delhi: The central government has said in the Parliament that there was no intelligence failure in the Pulwama terror attack.
In a written reply to Karnataka Rajya Sabha Congress MP Syed Nasir asking if an intelligence failure led to the attack, MoS Home Affairs G Kishan Reddy said the question ‘does not arise’.
“Jammu and Kashmir is affected by terrorism sponsored and supported from across the border for the last three decades. However, owing to the policy of zero tolerance towards terrorism and sustained action against the terrorists by the security forces, a large number of terrorists have been neutralized during the past few years. All agencies are working in a coordinated manner and the intelligence inputs are shared among various agencies on a real time basis. The investigation by NIA into the Pulwama attack so far, has resulted in identifying the conspirators, suicide attacker and the vehicle provider,” Reddy’s answer read.
After more than 40 jawans were killed in the deadly attack on a CRPF convoy in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama on February 14, Opposition had blamed intelligence failure for the loss.
“There was intelligence input from IG (Inspector General of Police) of Kashmir six days before Pulwama attack. A large convoy 2,500 CRPF personnel was moving…(terror group) Jaish-e-Mohammed had already issued a warning. But a vehicle coming from the wrong side attacked and 44 (CRPF) jawans were martyred. This was a gross intelligence failure. But no statement came from the Prime Minister and National Security Adviser Ajit Doval. Who will answer these questions?” Congress leader Digvijaya Singh had said a month after the attack.
Also watch: Amit Shah To Visit Srinagar Today, Review Security Arrangements Ahead Of Amarnath Yatra